Saturday, March 16, 2013

Womanhood-Manhood

 In our culture today we are told many things that will make us a women. At the same time our culture has lost the image of what a woman should be. We're also being told that we can do any thing a man can do. I realize what I'm about to say may anger someone but in some ways it is not so true. Ladies! We need to give the men room to be a man! God designed it that way! After all God created Adam before Eve. I think that had to be some indication that God wanted the man to lead. This doesn't mean we become a footstool but it does mean we become his helper. And here is a truth men want to feel strong, wanted and needed but when we're too busy to wearing their shoes we're robbing them from manhood. However, I believe we have created a world of confusion of what a woman should be. Therefore I would like to present 1  Point that I believe sums up the rest:


  1.  Be Reverent in Behavior
  •  be appropiate
  • be meek
  • Don't draw attention to yourself ( This doesn't mean you can't have a personality)
  •  Your goal is to bring honor to God
And I think if we can capture this truth we will gather the truth of who we're meant to be in the image of Christ.This is also hard to keep in mind because there is always the fine line of not feeling weak. However, I believe it says a women holds a lot of strength when we live in the way God designed us to be. That's where strength comes from and it's not from the things you accomplish because it is only through Christ that any thing is possible.

Also  I believe believe this can't go under address men. If this is your prayer of a wife some day , the training starts here. The same to you ladies vice versa. Be man enough to take a stand. Be man enough to let your sisters know  that you are  man who is seeking God. Be man enough to show respect. And here are some easy steps I believe that  will impact:

  1.  Be appropriate 
  • Your goal is to bring honor to God
  • Open the doors for her
  • Use your manors. Treat her as you would your sister
  • Encourage her  and let her know that  by letting you  open doors etc gives you honor

And at the same time I can not emphasis this one  if not more for both women & men. Be modest.
Imagine if they we're your wife or husband , would you want others to be looking at them in such ways. Girl's I'm going to say as straight as I can ! How you choose to dress shows how you think of yourself and  what you attention you are looking for. Goes both ways boys! I know there are many speeches of  how woman are to dress modest but men same to you. As your sister I am asking you to step up to this too. You can't tell women or any one else for that matter how to dress if you don't step up to the plate too. I realize there is a lot of info. here but  there has to be some changes in this generation. What will your role be and  will you live in God's design?

Also great sermons to check out:


No comments:

Post a Comment