Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bald Is Brave

Today I was just scrolling and scrolling and usually sometimes its' mindless scrolling on FB but today I found a story worth sharing. I don't really know this young lady but I know the friend who shaved her head. This is the story of a young girl who shaved her head for her grandpa and  for teens with cancer. I must admit that takes guts  because as I looked at this girl who did it with volunteer, I realized how attached I am to my hair. I can only imagine what goes through someones mind who has cancer. I imagine there are even a few tears and perhaps various questions. However, looking  at her story along with the others on:



  • http://www.stbaldricks.org/blog/post/when-its-my-turn-to-shave-for-st-baldricks

I realized how brave my grandma was when she had cancer. I can't imagine the familiar things that seem to be normal in how they change. I especially think it's so funny how we can get attached to life but when it involves a physical change, I believe the cut is a little deeper. It's not just your hair but it's looking in the mirror accepting the scars and the walk to become cancer free. I could't cover or try to explain what goes through someones mind as such but these stories on St. Baldricks is worth reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment