Saturday, March 2, 2013

Singleness Insider View

  Today I was sitting over some coffee with a friend and we we're talking about Singleness. I was going on about my rant how can people tell you, " Your day will come."  Have you heard that line?  I have so often wanted to yell back. " How do you know?"  Does this make me a doubter? I don't know but I do know that  in my opinion can be one of the worst things you can tell a single person.   And so it leads us to this portion. My friend asked will , " What should you tell a single person?"

 And after I thought about it. I realized there is no easy way about it. I had also been asking friends some questions on singleness as well but this is what I came up with.
It  is much better to tell a single person that God has a plan because we know that's true Jeremiah 29:11.   This doesn't mean it's easy to receive but it's a promise one can hold onto. Also  another tip I would pass along, " Don't say Bless your heart."  I heard this at my sister's wedding. Maybe that makes me sound heartless but  sometimes you just need to just be there. I think that we sometimes just spit out words because it seems like it's the right thing to do or we feel helpless without saying any thing.

I  know I've carried those shoes too. I just believe that just being there goes along way.  It may not seem like much but sometimes the person just needs to experience the emotions. I feel like with these two points that just reminding someone that God has a plan for them and being there is the most important thing you can do. People who are single don't need to be looked at as projects either.  Just because your friend is single doesn't mean there is something wrong with them or it's your turn to jump in to play cupid  Psalm 139. I'm not saying God can't use you to introduce that person but relationships should be natural. I realize this is a mouth full but after dissecting some things  I came to this conclusion maybe the answers I have been looking for are this simple. Especially as a single person because I have asked questions such as:

  • Is there something wrong with me? Psalm 139
  • What if my letters I write are a waste? ( These are letters I write in hopes one day I will get married but  my challenge lately has been will I have peace if I don't marry. And to remember I already have a Husband who has been reading them for a long time God * but whole another story
  •  etc
Those are just a few but I wanted to write this today to encourage others but also  just to give insiders view from a single person. Thanks for listening and letting me share!


No comments:

Post a Comment