Monday, February 18, 2013

What Will You Reimagine?

This weekend I went on a grand adventure of what many of us call D-Now. Our theme for the weekend was Re Imagine. And our group was challenged with this question:

" If you could change any thing and knew it wouldn't fail, what would you do?"

The question really challenged me and made me thing none the less. As I thought about this morning I would re imagine innocence being restored. I'm not just talking about sexually with purity. I'm also talking about children who have been rejected or even grown up with out parents. I  connect to that one very much because these are the shoes I have carried. I imagine one day the pain of not having a earthly Father being there. And before I go any further I want to share my with you my prospective.

I want others to know Father's are important and divorces leave scars for a long time. And even though I'm 23 there are moments I stand thinking that my earthy father won't be there. In fact there have been those Father's Day's where I was jealsous , angry and sad. At the same time all the adjustments that have had to take place. I'm not going to lie it was hard growing up seeing unhealthy relationships.
And by no means do I mean this as a bash statement but it's a chain I want to break in my generation. Also  for me  I have had the difficulty of my mother being engaged to a guy that's been in my life since my teens. I'm not by any means trying to down any one but I want to wake others up that the decisions that come don't just impact you.
However, for me it's beyond that because when I was a teen I wasn't sure how to respond to men. I had my awkward moments and especially when I got into college because I did end up dating one guy in high school. And I wasn't going to but what that left me in was that men couldn't be trusted because he was the second guy who had hurt me. I'll also shoot real here I didn't know any thing about having a healthy relationship.  I ended up giving myself away emotionally and it really didnt' help the guy or I. So, in a short note this is what I want to see restored is that innocence is returned and children are children without being forced to grow up with divided hearts and  girls'  along with boys are able to see God has such a higher plan. I share this story because I believe that when we're able to be in the shoes that we're able to advocate. I'm not saying it's  only way but I have to believe there are others who walk this path and need to know innocence can be restored and the Father can reverse the pain into beauty. I also realize many of  you have heard this story before or you know someone but what I'm asking you is will you help Re imagine?
I'm not just talking about my circumstances I'm talking about others too . You don't have to travel to another state to see the wounds. The time is now but what will you do?
And  I know for me even though my family is not perfect that  God still has a plan. Especially because He reminded me in Psalm 66:9 beauty can be born out of pain. And I know that sounds crazy but look at the Cross. The Cross was painful but God used it and  the  beauty of it was His love. At the same time  others need to know their past doesn't have to hold them. I know I do. Especially as I shared with you about my parents divorce. The pain wasn't just in the heart but sometimes acted out. There we're moments I was just angry during my teen years because of this and now that I'm older I am learning how to unblock  but also learning what it means to let God restore. This is never easy but it's a path that many of us have been on. So while I could write more, I believe  the better note would be to ask ourselves, "What will we do? And will you Reimagine?" Or maybe God's given you a deeper passion. I don't know but  I hope that as the Father challenged me that others will be challenged too.

No comments:

Post a Comment