Tuesday, February 12, 2013

God's Chalk Board

 Just last summer  I experienced a summer like no other. I particpated in a team called 1:8 Leadership. Little did I know that this summer would turn my world upside down. In fact I thought this was a summer  where I would simply do missions but it turned out that God started revealing more of who I  was in him. The funny part was I wanted to go Freshmen year in college but wasn't til my Junior/ Senior year that God opened the door. This happen to be the time I was excited but also unsure what I was saying yes to.
However, what I ended up was a community and learning what it meant to be accepted for who you are.  That is why I want to share this photo with you.
 This moment imparticular was special because it was a time I thought " Lord, I don't fit?" Are you crazy. I'm not athletic at all and everyone around me seems to enjoy sports. How, will I have any thing in common with my team. However,  while I was wondering God was working.  God reminded me this through that conversation I had with my friend Jill while the rest of my team was playing four square.  She pointed to me how a team member of mine Kyle came and drew with me. Jill encouraged me that I do fit and to look how my team was reaching out.
That evening actually ended up being one of the sweetest moments because my team latter on decided to trace people into some funny shapes. I ended up being a butterfly but no one on my team at that time knew how much I loved butterflies.  Talk about God doing His thing!  And I guess your wondering where does this tie into this season.
 I would consider those two months important because God started waking my heart up to the passions I love. I even ended up singing on the praise team which I was pretty definite I wouldn't but some how God used my two brothers Kevin & Jason to get me up there.
And  I even found bonds with the girl's over  and  ended up finding friendships that I will treasure no matter where I go. Therefore, because of this season I found  that  when we're open God moves but if we're still then it' s hard to  grow. We have to be willing to be movable to we may miss  out some precious moments that we wouldn't imagine.
That is why I'm sharing this because  just like in my last blog,  I hope that in this moment you & I will remember God 's desire for us to grow and have confidence in who we are which is what I am constantly learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment