Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If God Delivered Us From Our Sin, Will He not do More?

 This morning I woke up at 5AM which to be honest isn't my idea of time getting up in the morning but this morning God awoke me to challenge me with some thoughts.  And to be honest I needed what He shared with me because two of my weaknesses that tend to go hand in hand is worry and control. It's especially hard because I want all things to be good and I don't often like being in the spaces unknown or the spaces where it's painful. I'm sure many of you can relate. However, the Father challenged me with this question this morning:

"If I couldn't save myself, will God not  take care of the impossible?" And that my friend is a heavy thought. It pushed me to think  about Christ dying on the Cross which by all means was the impossible made into possible.  And if I know this to be true then, "  Doesn't it mean God can still work out the possible?" It's a funny thought if you ask me. You would think believing that someone who died on the cross would be harder to believe than accepting the little things are in His hand to such as our jobs, relationships, finances and etc.

However, so often our brokenness slips in. I know that's where I struggle especially stepping out of college but this morning the Father used Isaiah 66:9 to speak to me

:
9 "Will I bring a baby to the point of birth and not deliver [it]?" says the Lord; "or will I who deliver, close [the womb]?" says your God. 
 
 That one really hit me because something like the birth of a baby is also pure evidence God can deliver beauty. After all labor is painful but what comes from the labor is beautiful! Think about it! That cute baby that we all awe.. over  came from pain but when the child was birthed there was a simply " Wow! moment"  
 
Those are the simple God moments that we forget or what about when you fall down. The scrape is not pretty at first but God takes it and heals it. And where the scrape was, the skin is made new. Or what about weeds in a garden. Not pretty at all but once the Gardner goes to work, we're able to see the beauty.
 
This  is how God is but yet we tend to put chains on Him thinking our circumstances are impossible. I have to tell you friends this was definitely a thump on my head because I so forget that  God did the impossible on the Cross and He'll continue it forth still.
 
Ephesians 3
 
   . 20 Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think-according to the power that works in you- 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment