Friday, February 1, 2013

Seasonal Moments

 The past few days have been a journey of reflections and  how seasonal God is. It's also been a new adjustment. However, today despite the emotions I have had earlier I have found myself remembering that  God hasn't forgotten me and I should look back at the times I thought I was stepping into the deep without a clue.
 Especially during my four and half years of Cumberland. I remember wanting to transfer. I thought God had lost His mind in His placement. I didn't feel like I fit in at all. I by no means have ever been academic or athletic. However, if I left I would have missed these beautiful faces and the God given moments on campus.
I definitely miss my UC family but I have never regretted my time there , even though it hasn't been too long ago. It was during those four and half years I learned more of who I was. I was reminded I am important. I was blessed to have two loving campus ministers who saw potential in me Dean Whitaker and Magan Atwood.
 They loved me even in the times I felt embarrassed by my brokenness. I also found a community who would stand with me when I was just so tired out. I found friends who would laugh but also pray. I also discovered you are never alone because some how God will cross your path by the unexpected.
I met friends from so many nations and I consider them family.
I know this may mean nothing to no one but I just want to pass it on to the person who may wonder , " Why UC?".
It's funny how a small place can take a big piece of your heart but it's what I consider to be a piece that I will not forget. Even the moments in  the cafe. I know the cafe can be lacking at times lol but it never lacks in conversation. And grant it  you may even find yourself in places like Archer where heat isn't your friend but it's where I made some of my best friends.
Those moments are so dear and I love my family at UC. For those of you still at UC ,  I just want you to know you are at time in your life that can make huge imprints.  I have also learned that  even in seasons where  you think you can't pray more that He'll send you extra knee pads. Or even a friend down the hall. I could never count the God given moments but   I don't want to over look the season and  I pray this for those still there.









 

4 comments:

  1. love you, sister! so thankful you stuck with it at cumberland... that way we could become friends! :) praying for you as you continue to look for the Father's direction. - jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Jill! I even got a whole month with you just last summer<3 I'm glad we're friends too! And I miss those Jill hugs! Thank you for your prayers

      Delete
  2. Hi from Jenni (Holley Gerth's WLW group on FB). I just wanted to drop by your blog and encourage to keep seeking His face daily. :)
    - www.StrokeOfGrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete