Friday, February 22, 2013

Blake The Brake

 Today I would like to introduce you to my beloved friend Blake or as many of us know him as , " Blake the Brake." In fact just being around him you can't help but smile because his laughter will steal your heart. However, whenever you looked at him, you could tell that he was simply just enjoying life! And little did I know the impact Blake would have on me because on the day our team was telling the story of the ( Little Boy with His 5 Fish and 2 loaves  John 6), Blake gave me his basket that the children we're making to remember the story.
And just yesterday I happen to stumble upon it, which was a beautiful surprise! Especially because I had been so frazzled lately thinking:

  • Lord, where will I find a job?
  • Am I making the right choices?
  •  What about my school loans?
  • What do you want Lord?
Have you been there? Well that is where I have been as I mentioned friends but God brought me back to this moment and reminded me if He can multiply the fish and loaves, is He really that limited? And yet it's so easy to limit God in our minds.
This summer for me was definitely a summer like no other because not only do I think about Blake but I remember raising funds just so I could go be apart of 1:8 and the Father multiplied it again! And yet when our emotions are heightened it is so easy to forget  the God we serve! So maybe your like me and you need this sweet little reminder today. And who knows your reminder may come from precious child like Blake!

 
 * Blake in the red shirt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment