Monday, February 4, 2013

The Story Behind The Cover

 It has been  the first year without my grandma but  what she left me with became much more to me. The last Christmas gift I received was a Bible. I've had Bibles before but this one is extra special. I would like to take time to share the story behind it.
 This Bible already has tons of marks on it but it's significant. I know there are some who may think it's strange but for me decorating my Bible serves as a reminder that God has marked me uniquely.
 The cover of my Bible pretty much tells my story.  I decided to take band-aids to decorate it and a picture of my first mission trip along with a Butterfly.  These band-aids remind me that God is healer and these are the truths. For any one who has heard my story you may already indentify but for those who I haven't I  would like to share a small glimpes.
 Even though I accepted Christ at a young age, I struggled with my identity and worth especially with the  hardship of my parents seperating and a broken heart in high school. And it wasn't till college that healing started taken place even more. That is why this Bible is even more special to me with the markings  and all. It was also a gift to  me in one of my last semesters of college and so when I look back at the band-aids I mentioned it's a reminder of the season where God started showing more of who I was and He has called me to walk in truth.
 And I also have the Butterfly as mentioned on there which reminds me I am free in Christ. I know this may sound like a random blog but I hope that this can serve  as a reminder that this is actually a picture of the gospel because Christ has marked us as His! So perhaps the next time you & I look at our Bible's we will remember we're marked by His blood! And we're love!







No comments:

Post a Comment