Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Branches of the Body

 In the last couple of blogs I focused some on  last season but with this one I would like to focus where God has me now. As I shared with you many times UC has been my family for my 4 1/2 years and always will be but with any season there are times God calls us to the next branch. It's not that you forget the other branch but you realize you must walk forward or you'll miss the many seeds that God wants to plant in your life. It has by no means been easy but with this blog I want to celebrate what God has been doing.
 For a while I had been wanted to be in a home church  but never imagined what I would leave behind at UC. Even though I was close to home, I spent most of my time on campus. However, I never expected the changes to come so quickly. I'm  not going to lie I miss the times of sweet campus worship, and I  miss  being with my friends who I consider family but if I stayed I would have missed out on sweet five year old hugs,  listening to stories of youth, and perhaps miss out  what God wants to do next.
This isn't always fun because of most of us we would like to stay where we are but  it's hard to grow if we're not willing for God to prune us to what He desires. At the same time I still miss what I call home. So for those still at UC, my encouragement to you when you are tired of papers remember the community that is around you. That is what I took from UC and so it became my prayer when I knew that I had to come home that I would find it.
 And I have found it in many ways. One of the many ways has been a precious couple named Nolia and Randy. I get to spend time with them in youth and I even get a little bonus =) These we're the 5 year old girls I told you about. I also get to love on some precious youth that I have just started getting to know and can't help but love them!
 I have also found this season to be challenging because the job department hasn't been the easiest  but  God has kept reminding me to look around that He has my back.  Especially last week because He came to me through some random laughter with a friend, unexpected card and  also a friend who I haven't seen in a while. However, the beauty is even though God may send us to different branch of the body, we're always connected.  And so  perhaps in adjusting to but let me encourage you to take heart because  He has us! Even in the storm of our emotions, He is God!



No comments:

Post a Comment