Friday, May 18, 2012

A Reality Check In

 This morning I woke up realizing  I could concentrate on the things I am unable to control. This doesn't seem to be an unfamiliar lesson for me. However, as  I think about my past blogs. I realize one of my biggest fears is that if I am me that I will feel rejection. However, it would be like blowing out a candle or trying to find the 50 ways to hide. Being who you are is really a gift! I find this one my biggest battles because I often walk in fear more then I do the light. Now, that doesn't seem to add up because if we are in the light, then we should walk bold! However, I like many of you tend to forget the one who Created me gave me my gifts, features, and desires for a reason.!
At the same time one  must live it out with wisdom! That is what dawned on me this morning because one of my biggest  joys in life is being the encourager. At the same time here is where the wisdom draws in! If I long to encourage others, I must live encouraged! Ouch! I had never thought about it  this way till this morning! Perhaps you can relate because the truth is we can't be anything for anyone else if we're not being that for ourselves. In fact because of our false selves we're the ones often helping cast out our own light.
You see the same control that you and I have to flip a light switch on is the same control we have in life. We can go to the light or we can sit in the dark! However, somehow we find it easy to just sit. Though, this is what I am learning this morning! If you love to write, sing, dance , garden or play a sport, be you!  They can only be negative things when you or I let them control us but God gave us personalities!
If He didn't want us to have personality then you and I would be alike but we're not! In fact it was these scriptures that encouraged me this morning:

Isaiah 43: 11-12
 I , I am Yahweh and there is no other Savior but Me
 I alone declared, saved and proclaimed and not some foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses.  This is the Lord's declaration (AND) I am God

Isaiah 45:4
 I call you by name Jacob My Servant and Israel My chosen one. I give a name to you though you do not know Me.

 These are such profound truths:
He is God
He called us by Name

I  needed to hear this morning because there was no reason to sit in tears this morning because if I believe He is God and God is Creator then I must believe it along with living it out loud! We are only on this earth for such a short time. So, we must learn  to be alive in  Him because it is the only way your hearts can be open to truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment