Friday, May 4, 2012

Dumpster Diving

  " Dumpster diving, now that's a  new sport?" I have never in my life ever pictured myself going dumpster diving. This was a new adventure for me! I had just been sitting in my room on the phone with my friend Sarah as she was telling me that they were in the back of Archer parking lot dumpster diving. So, you can bet in the back of my mind I  was telling myself I have to see this! I didn't get in all the way with the girls but when I walked back there I was amazed at the human waste!  Although I didn't climb in I ended up with  3-4 new shirts that just needed washed along with a shower carrier! These items were just on the top of all the  mounds of trash that were before my eyes. I wish I had pictures of it  but the images will be left in my head. This actually seems odd to me that someone would  toss useable things away but at the same time it's a reminder that all of this stuff in the world is temporary!
 At the same time I also saw how God could make things new again because all the shirts needed was a wash. The same way with human life because maybe we think were messed up but really we just need the touch of the Lord! There are so many lessons to this but the one thing I have walked away with is always look around you because there are great adventures & lessons! So, today  I stand excited with I'm sure many emotions but also a joy to see what God will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment