Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Power of Silence

 Tonight was such a heart check for me. I had the chance to attend a  rally for youth  with 1st Priority.I went with intentions thinking that God might put a conversation in my path but I believe God sent me there beyond that to really hear Him. As I set with many emotions which I'm still trying to piece together I walked away realizing that sometimes silence is the presence God's asking. Silence doesn't always seem or feel present but what I'm learning it's just as present as any other out reach. I am becoming aware that sometimes as a human being it's easy to think I've got to be on action but silence is also action too.
 Sometimes it's the silence that just allows us to really reflect on hearing more than talking. I am also becoming aware that  God can also use silence for prayer even more so because  we have set aside to just be. In our culture today that sounds strange because we're busy but what I've realized again knowing who I am and my purpose is really understanding what 2 Timothy 1:9 indicates that I am called. I still have a lot to unfold but tonight I felt like just writing out what I've learned here but also that  God might use my life to encourage others. I know that's big part of my heart and that's what I hope to do beyond my circumstances. So, may this  simple message bless our hearts that God may speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment