Thursday, September 20, 2012

6 Quadrants of Struggle

From last Spring this has been a journey for me but now because I have some tools in my hand. I'm starting to identify where my struggles lie. This morning I decided to start what I would call my 6 Quadrants of Struggle. I also starting getting more of an awareness of often I live in my heart and in my mind. Most of the time it's not a healthy space unless I'm pulling into God's heart. In Romans 7 Paul talks about  our waging war and it is oh so true the more I examine my heart. This what Romans 7 says:

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

 It so powerful when you really read it! Especially knowing that our Lord delivers us! So as I started to make this applicable. I decided to take a walk in the 6 Quadrants of my Struggles which I am fixing to share with you:

  1.   Never Forgets
  2.  Trust
  3.  Afraid
  4.  Heard
  5.  Protected
  6.  Freedom
 Those are the areas that I really struggle realizing that there are truths to God in this. Especially the first one that mentions " Never Forgets." I can't tell you how often  I have been asking the Lord to remind me that He sees me when no one esle does.  So needed but what I hope to leave you all with with a tool as well.
Perhaps your like me and you need to list out those 6 struggles. After you have listed yours out then pair them up with scripture. That's what I started doing this morning. So for me it looks like this.

  1.  Never Forgets  -Psalm 9:10, Psalm 115:12-13
  2.  Trust - Psalm 118:8, Psalm 115: 11
  3. Afraid- Psalm 118:5-7
  4. Heart-116:1
  5. Protects- Psalm 116:6
  6. Freedom - Psalm 116:16
This doesn't have to be the absolute answer but it's one tool I'm discovering that is ever so important Scripture, Scripture , Scripture! Rather you post it on your mirror or carry it with you! So powerful! We so often forget that we hold the sword! And so I hope with this note of life that God may share with truth with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment