Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Plow

This weekend I had a precious opportunity filled with many emotions but blessings as well. I had the opportunity today to work a 5 K race. I by no means can  or could relate in the athletic department but I was able to watch a father push his daughter as he ran the race.  God used that very moment to remind me of the verses I had read earlier this week:

 Luke 9:61-62

 Still another said, " I will follow you, Lord but first let me go back and say good bye to my family."
Jesus replied,  " No one who puts a hand to the plow looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God"

Seeing the father push his daughter really put this into perspective for me because if the father had looked back then he may have missed the goal. Also  it was another picture of how he was right behind his daughter guiding her a long.  That is the picture of what our Heavenly Father desires to be to push us a long so that we would run straight but also know He is there to guide us. And that has been the picture I've really needed to see. So, what I am walking away with today is knowing , " If I will seek Him then in truth I will walk straight." By no means is that easy to grasp but it's a snap shot of life that  I know I needed to take in! May we take this and learn what it means more!

No comments:

Post a Comment