Friday, September 21, 2012

Have You Ever Wanted A Physical Touch From God?

 Have you ever wanted to feel God physically?  I mean you know God's there but you simply need a touch. I have been there many of times and particularly in this season of my life. From so many questions but I will be real with you that there are days I'm reading His word and I wonder what it might have been like to have Jesus physically on this earth. It's not abnormal to think this way. I think in our minds we think that those who have great faith can't have such thoughts. However, as I mentioned yesterday or previous that even Paul who was before us recognized his flesh was weak.

And that's a hard place to go because I can remember just growing up along with when I accepted Him but as I have gotten older I've seen that there are times in my walk that the doubting Thomas comes up. It's not a proud moment of mine but I believe God knew He would have a few of those since He included Thomas in the Bible. However, I want to state that it doesn't make our faith less because Christ never promised perfection on this earth but He did promise to be lift us up. (Psalm 118)

Therefore because of that I believe because He understood Thomas's needed to touch him that he understands ours. I know particularly yesterday I was just to a point where there we're lies that have triggered my mind. However, before I go into that part I want to share a brief thought that links to this point. In fact  even though I shared with you that I found that silence had a lot of power that night for me at the rally, I also want to mention that it wasn't easy.

I felt trapped in that seat but that was because I was listening to Satan. I thought if I got up out of my seat that someone would judge me. I couldn't escape the crowd. I had so many things running through my mind. It was  a challenge to be present but at the same time I learned when you feel like you can't move that it's even more of a time to really pray. However, have no doubts God sees you which is what I have to keep reminding myself of with Psalm 115.

I so need that because as I mentioned that was just then but the next day I still was thinking after being triggered God I've got to touch you some how. If I could just feel a hug. And somehow beyond the  war of my mind and heart, God heard it. He brought two precious friends into my path that day to remind me that He was here. It doesn't mean they are God but  God choose to reflect His love through them. So, in my long note this morning I share both because we need prayer and we need the arms of Christ.

So, if you wondered has any one thought this before, I'm here to tell you I am that one. May God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment