Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Cost To Follow

The Cost to follow is often much more then we tend to want to offer. When our world seems clear we're all about God and we have our praise Jesus clapping on the side. However, when our mountains  gets rocky it can be a whole different story. This is what I've examined in my life especially because I thought about  the last few days how would God want me to share. I had even started a new blog called , "Life of a Single Lady" but in the past few days I have discovered that it's a much deeper root for me. This root is called comparison. I don't know about you but when my life doesn't feel like it should be where it is I imagine that I am so behind. I have every desire to be what God has called me to be but there are times I put myself to the side thinking , " God , why don't you let so and so do the job." or " God are you just up in Heaven with a bowl  just rolling the the dice thinking, lets see where April lands today."
I know those thoughts sound outrageous because none of us would ever want to claim those thoughts but to deny them is far worst because if your like me you want to play the avoid game. And this is where God has had to draw my attention back realizing that  Following has a cost. I have especially come to learn this through Ruth and James. Especially Ruth. If your familiar with Ruth we know that Ruth gave up her family to be with Naomi.
And that's something I overlooked many times when reading Ruth. I just thought " Wow!" Ruth is amazing lady but somehow I was missing the big picture. The big picture being Following often means we're going to have to give up something. It could be any where from our pride or to things that we love. That's a hard piece to soak in because at age of 23 I had to allow this to be food for thought because I have no idea what's  after I graduate from UC in December. It's diffcult because from the time of my youth I thought about all the things I would love to and have dreamed about but never thought about the path.
For some odd reason I never allowed myself to encounter the thought that ( Following) doesn't just  inquire cost but encounters change. So, as I share today I just want to leave us with this:

Psalm 9:10
  * The promise of  the Lord never forsakes those who seek  Him

No comments:

Post a Comment