Sunday, January 8, 2012

God Sized Measurements

 At age 0-1 your expected to walk.
At age 1-2 learning how to walk and sit up
At age 3-4 learning shapes, colors, sounds etc
At age 5-6 learning how to tie shoes and learn the survival route of school.

These are just a few expectations. From the time we're young expectations get set into place. And somehow it can be a trap.  For some of us shame mocks us because we are afraid to let any one down. We forget the who equips us. And instead  out hearts settle for the brick that blocks the air holes of reality to breath. Therefore if your any thing like me then I'm sure you can relate. For me I know sometimes I will look at people who I think have it together. Therefore I become complacent with the thought I'll never measure up. On the other hand we're forgetting their abilities has nothing to do with who they are. It  is the Author of life who designs!
Perhaps our hearts have created their own place of measurement. After all how do the  thoughts get there. It's so easy to get congested in lies. I struggle with that one a lot. I don't know about you but there are times I I get upset with myself . And the reality is I'm the one who put the expectations on myself. However, it's just become something accepted in our culture. I'm not saying expectations are bad but  they can  swallow us up if we're not focused in our trust with God.
 This especially true because I know that in  my life it's so easy to think how will this one work out but then the real question, " Don't I claim God as Provider?" Talk about a slam! I think many of us do it. And yet, we're too scared to admit it because we're afraid  to let the reality our hearts speak. We're too dependent on mans thoughts. Therefore, the real question is how do I encourage myself to remember the true expectation. This is the only way I've found my way out is going to His word! I'm not saying it's easy but sometimes we over look the practical! Definitely a challenge to myself and I pray this can encourage someone that  what really matters is seeking God sized measurements!

No comments:

Post a Comment