Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Brokeness

 Recently I heard the voice of around 20 girls who  we're crying out their brokenness. These we're girls that a girl on my campus had a chance to love on during the summer at Laurel Lake Baptist Camp. This was even convicting to me because I thought I am just like those 13-17 year old girls. I felt I was at the foot steps of just in amazement of how real they we're.
So  I was challenged that night to write my own. These we're some of mine:

My Brokenness......
I have to be the strong one
I feel like I'm a burden to others
 I am that women at the well
 I am a doormat

And I'm sure there's more to this but it made me realize the struggles I'm having is much deeper then what's going around in my world. You see the tears that I've been allowing inside of me is just really wounded lies. I'm not sure your in that one but I thought if I we're to be honest with those who are reading I would tell you I'm just like you. For you non -believers, I want to tell you the only good thing in me is my Savior. I don't say any of this for attention but if my God can give me boldness to start reaching outside my numbness. I know He can do the same for you! So, whatever this means to you I hope together as we go back in forth that God will show us  how to let these walls fall because we we're not meant to be enslaved to shame but to be anchored in love divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment