Monday, April 8, 2013

It Is All About Attitude My Friend

In the past couple of days  I have been challenged in my thinking. I have found that the truth of the matter that no family or environment is perfect. And you can't change the environment but you can change yourself. It is the attitude of the heart that makes all the difference. As I mentioned a little bit in my last blog. I don't know about you but I have  often found it easier to carry in the negative attitude  than it is the positives. Especially when you may have envisioned your perfect world. You have the choice to complain and to pick at the things you don't like or you can let life be.
It has taken me a long time to come this place. I think often at times what my world might have been like if my dad was still in my life  but I can't change that. I have also come to own  that  that it's by choice in rather you walk in shame or not.  This is easier said than done.  I have even realized I could spend time in anger about relationships or I could make the most of it and allow God to show me His presence in them. The fact is there isn't going to be any perfection in this world. I have even noticed that  this is where Satan often traps us. Especially in my family where I have often felt the wall of comparison but the truth is I have to trust God mapped out my life perfectly and from the pain to good moments , God has a purpose. This even bring Romans 8 to a new level because in 28 God tells us that He works all things out for our good. Our good doesn't mean there won't be pain but it means God will use  every story & event in our life for His will! In fact  I read a quote a couple days ago that my friend posted:
" God doesn't always change the circumstances because He's using the circumstances to change our hearts." That's  not always easy to accept but it is in these moments of my life of this season I am learning that  shame robs.  Shame robs from  making the most and being the most. So, as I sit writing this blog I hope that will encourage you & I both to realize  our stories have purpose and even the imperfections. It is all about attitude my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment