Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


As I take in my surroundings. I realize I am only but 24 and God's already given me some of my desires.  I may not be married to any one on earth but I am  married to the Great I Am. And I don't have to wait to be a mother.  The children God puts in  my life are not my biological children but I have many scattered from camp to  cities of NYC. This prob sounds strange to some but I love the fact God let's me use my god given desires to love on children without any attachment. To me, these children are a part of me. And it is my joy to love on the children who may not know what love is. I think so often of my weeks at camp. I get  to take these children in for a week and  even during my week  last summer at Iglesia Baptista  I get to call these children my children for a week.
This perhaps sounds strange but when you get to be apart of the Bride of Christ, there are words that can't be explained! There are moments I long  for my desires to be answered but it's when I stop to look I can say God's been meeting them and will continue! It is a daily choice rather or not I choose to embrace these moments just as any. I've also had the joy in this season to love on some youth. And for what little time I get I count myself blessed! This doesn't mean that my life always makes sense but I learn to accept the good that the Father has in store for me and will continue ! I also get to be a sister! The Father allows me to have many roles and I am honored to play! I don't always  claim  them  but  when I stop to look I realize  God has been walking with me all along! It is a daily task to  embrace but  I am glad  my heart doesn't have to wait to live! I get to live now! So, to the children the Father's  put in my path I say I love you and to the children God has let me yet to meet, I expect our journey will be even greater!





No comments:

Post a Comment