Saturday, May 25, 2013

Generational Wisdom

 It has been a few days since I've been able to sit down and right but today I would like to introduce my readers to a man that is very dear to my heart. He is my grandpa and he's more than grandpa to me. My grandpa has been with me from the time I entered the world to know.  In fact , it's almost like my grandpa plays two roles because my parents separated when I was a little girl. My grandpa has taught me a lot through out this season and beyond. He's a man that knows how to enjoy life.
    He doesn't rush life at all. In fact one thing he constantly tells me is , " Don't get in a hurry." I think we could all take note on that in this busy world that we live in. However, one thing I'll always remember are the word's he's spoken to me a while back:

" Work was here  when we got here and will be here after leave."

Such a simple statement but such truth.  Also my grandpa has shown me is better to be slow to anger  when choosing your battles. It doesn't do any good to be frustrated over  yesterdays' problems. Such simple notes if only will apply them. I know many of you don't know this man. He's not famous or any thing but  it's the sometimes when we meet the ordinary that we find the extraordinary. May we find that today upon each face. And may we remember to be the audience and not just the story teller. There is a lot of wisdom to soak up around us.





1 comment: