Thursday, August 8, 2013

Let My Heart Be Present

  It is early morning and before we know our minds start rattling questions like a  ping ball machine. There are so many questions and perhaps  directions we are trying to figure out. And yet our day hasn't  even begun and if  we think we have solved every thought in our head , it seems like another one is coming our way just as we lay down our heads.
 Sound Familiar ? I don't know about you but this is something I have to push through on a daily bases ; especially because I have the personality to get where my mind is headed. And when I'm in that mind frame, I am ready to dominate!
However, I have learned lately this summer that if I will give my mind and heart that opportunity to rest, I will experience life a little more freely. It's funny how much we can create stress for ourselves isn't it? I had a high school teacher who said that we created our own stress. And perhaps that much could be true; especially if we are one to always have structure. By no means is there any thing wrong with structure. Trust me ! We need structure but we must also be flexible ! 
And being flexible could save us all from less frustration possibly. I am sure that nothing I have said is foreign to you but I hope in some light this may encourage us both to just do what we can for the one day and then take on the next day in whatever case it looks like.


So, with this little note in mind, I would love to leave you with some verses that have spoken to my heart:


Psalm 31: 14-15
 But I trust in you Lord; I say, " You are God" My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me"

Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the Lord. He is our help & shield

Psalm 104:19
He made the moon to mark  thee seasons  and the sun knows when to go down

Psalm 104:27-28
All creatures look to you  to give them their food at proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up. When you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things



 In whatever your case may be I hope today you'll find a moment of just simple encouragement and to know it's good to let your heart be !



No comments:

Post a Comment