Monday, December 26, 2011

Christians Don't Have It Together. They Just Have The One who Does

 I am far from perfect. And if your looking for perfection you will not find it here. I share this one because what is in me is not any thing that I can be or do on my own. Some people think being a Christian that all things are perfect but it is far from perfect because we live in a broken world. The only good in me is God! I think that often people fail to see that one because they can't always see the heart like God can! However, in this entry I want to be real with you. I still have thoughts like you do. I struggle like you do. And I fail like you do. This is why I find myself everyday having to come to Him because if He wasn't in me then perhaps I would not have the will power to love or to  even listen to Him!
In my flesh I am a stubborn child. I'm like the child you tell how to do something a 1,000 X's but will only choose the right one  when I want to accept it. I know this one to be true because when I first gave my heart to missions I hardly understood what I was saying yes to. I thought of all the joys I might have but never the struggle. This is the same one  I felt when I first accepted around the age 5-6.  You see saying yes, is the easy part but the understanding of it is harder then we can imagine. We can never perfect it because we're imperfect. However, we can come just the way we are! After all that's how Christ came to us!
He never tried to change who He was to please man. He was real. Man didn't always like it and man doesn't always like it now but He shows us this one because if He is real with us then we can be real with Him! So, as I put thought to this I want to tell you  that the outside of me is just a shell. The inside of me is where reality hits. I don't always like that one. Sometimes I think things that are not true or lies attack me but my Father always brings me reminding me of His truth!
Christians do not have  it together. They just have the One who has it together. That is what I would tell someone who wonders why I am or someone is like the way they are. I can't pretend that I know everything because if I did then there would be no need for prayer or His word. I'm just telling you  that  the One your looking for is not me! It's Him! And He's been looking for you too! When will you come?

No comments:

Post a Comment