Friday, August 3, 2012

Growing in Grace Part 2 ( What is Your Platform?)

In my previous blog I talked about being Single but today I want talk about seeing it as a platform. Although there have been an array of emotions I have been reminded that  it's are brokenness that makes us real. I want to especially address this part because I have off and on asked this question," Is there a point where even a content person doesn't feel content?" I know that sounds ironic but I think it's very possible because I think no matter what sometimes our desires can feel so out of reach. And it's not because God doesn't want to give them to us but because He has timing.At the same time I also want to mention I don't believe God gives us these desires by accident but in some ways from what I'm experiencing  it doesn't always make sense because I've been asking God, " What am I to do with  my desires?"
And there are moments I wonder if it's natural but I have to keep pressing in. So when I talk about platforms  I believe God has given us each one. Platforms are the moments/ seasons in life. They give us the ability to relate to others especially those who don't know Him. And that's so important because when we're broken it's hard to relate to something that is whole. Or I know for me it is because I can get so easily consumed with my own brokeness. So, when we're willing to meet our own brokeness we also get the chance to be real.
And that's one of the key things I want to mention because I know from the thoughts of a Single person I can find myself saying what am I suppose to do with this part.That's one of the many reasons I wanted to take that topic further because as a 23 year old I know that we face pressures from our families, dorms, and even media. I'm not say it's all cake either but  I am learning that  it's a lot more then questions because even if we don't feel like it our Father is growing us.
 So I guess in my closing words I would say , " What is your Plattform?" and " How are you using it?" And I hope that His grace this would encourage someone because it's so easy to put on our plastic suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment